I believe that the Wikipedia page of the Harun al-Rashid is a good one because there are many facts and it also gives the myths and stories of his life that could be taken into consideration. The page is pretty organized and its categorized into sections (Life and Anecdote). There is a lot of information in the life section and its well written in my eyes because it was chronological and it gave insight to his parents and their influence on him. I don't believe that this article is biased at all, but there are some stories and myths that could be not true. There are many facts, though, that do seem to be true. They could be open to be argued, but it seems highly unlikely to me.
I do have some questions about the stories he is in, but other than that, the article answers all the basic questions I had and added some more info to back up the answers. I rather like this article. I would go to the books referenced in the article or I would use the ever famous Google. I would filter my search by added more key terms to his name, like if I wanted to search his mother, I would put in " Huran al-Rashid's mother" and that would narrow down the search. To narrow it ever further, I could say "Huran al-Rashid's mother's influence" to find more about her influence on Huran's life.
The stories written about him add a spark to feed people's imaginations. There could be more stories written or different stories written that give different aspects and achievements that people find interesting. He is so prevalent in pop cultures because his life style can altered to fit into such poems and books, and the books about him from his time and the stories about him make him popular to be put into other works. His fame comes form his stories, in my opinion, and the Wikipedia tempers the fame he has becasue it's just general information about him and then mentions the books and the books are where his fame lies in.
No comments:
Post a Comment