Tuesday, October 2, 2012

King Abdullah of Jordan


I believe that King Abdullah of Jordan is facing a failure about keeping his country democracy free. Like he said, I do believe ever country will have its own sort of democracy with a couple things here and there different, but for the most part, I think the Middle East at some point will all become a democracy. For all I know, he could succeed, but I pretty sure within the next 100 years, Jordan will have a democracy despite what King Abdullah said. Being surrounded by democratic countries isn’t going to help him either because if the people in the other countries like it and turns out to be better than the King’s rule, then the people in Jordan will want a democracy and they could revolt to get what they want.

2 comments:

  1. King Abdullah II is trying to initiate democracy in his country; he is adding it in and replacing his monarchy with a democracy over time...I think you missed his point...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, when I was watching the video, it skipped sometimes (hockey rinks have bad internet connection), but I knew it was monarchy and democracy in some way.

    ReplyDelete